6/11/2009

Swine Flu Deaths Spark Worldwide Health Alert

Swine flu might be upgraded to some sort of scary super flu. I didn't read the full story on this one, I'll admit that.

What gets me about all the swine flu coverage is the advice we keep hearing. We should use tissues and wash out hands.

Well, we should be doing that anyway. Don't only wash your hands when there's a media-genic flu on the go. A normal winter flu kills hundreds of old people each year and we spread it by wiping our kids snotty faces and not washing out hands. If you try and tell someone about that they think you're being emotionless and you don't understand because you don't have kids.

Really! I don't have grandparents now, but one thing I do remember is that you don't want them to get a nasty flu just because you don't want to wash your snotty kid.

Seriously. Tut.

No comments: