2/06/2007

My Ugly Mug

The rise and rise of Steve Allen continues apace. I have confirmed what a mega star I am as I now have Steve Allen branded mugs and key rings. Oooooh, yeah!

I know you want one, don't ya! But it's tough poo. You gotta win one on my show.

I have however learnt not to send both to one person. I put the key ring in the mug, put it in the box and sent it, and this is an email I got back from a 'delighted' listener.

    "Hiya Steve

    How excited am I - got a lovely parcel from the postman this morning. You are truly famous now that you have your own mug - is it too precious to drink from? The key ring on the other hand is the scariest thing I have seen in a long time.

    The key ring rattling around inside fooled the post office - they thought something was broken cos they enclosed an apology."
Or maybe that's the plan. If you win a mug and a key ring on my show you can then claim back from the Post Office for damaged goods and you'll be a true winner.

No comments: