9/17/2008

My Award Winning Laptop

My Award Winning LaptopI'm so happy. You know me, I'm a techno nerd, and a while back I bought a little laptop that has made my job (writing content for radio stations) so much easier. I can now sit in coffee shops and do all of my work. I can surf for news, write the idea, even edit audio, all before my cappuccino goes cold.

But the reason I'm happy is that my laptop has just one an award. Not just made, but the make and model.

The Asus Eee PC 901 won the top category of the Stuff Gadget Awards 2008 in London.

It's a brill machine. For around £300 you can a laptop that is small enough to actually carry in a bag, without the need for a laptop case.

Some laptops these days or so big they just aren't portable.

My Award Winning LaptopThere's no hard drive so the storage is a little cramped. But anyone who uses this laptop won't be using it as their only PC. They, like me, will have a big old desktop that does everything and has huge storage sat at home. You only need the Eee PC when you're out and about. If you make any big files you just move them to your desktop when you get home.

I also got a 3 mobile broadband dongle so I could do all the work I need to do while have a latte.

I agree with the award. It's the first laptop that does what a laptop should do. If you want to burn DVDs use a desktop, if you want something that you can carry with you use a small laptop.

[source]

No comments: