1/28/2007

Robert Wells In Concert

Last night I went to see a musical performer at Ronnie Scott's in London.

A young chap by the name of Robert Wells, he's from Sweden and does a great set of jazz and boogie with a new take on some classically pieces.

It was a good night. I normally hide the fact that when I did music A-level I did jazz performances and blues style compositions. All very odd from a working-class northern white boy. So it was right up my street.

I don't get to play as much as I used to but last night made me want to take up a new instrument. The bass guitar.

When the bass guitarist was doing the 'slap bass' thing, I was thinking, "Surely it doesn't matter how ugly you are, you do that on stage and you'll get laid."

I now have to add it to my list of sexy musical instruments, ones that if you play them the ladies will love you. So far the list is:

Saxophone (obviously)
Slap bass (so funky)
Harmonica (proves a certain skill level with you lips and tongue)

No comments: