4/08/2010

Old News from 02-04-02

A while back I used to write some topical material for radio stations. So, it's way out of date now, but I think it's interesting to have a look back. This is what was in the news back then.

(This was international news section)

In America... New research says babies may feel less pain from injections if they are breastfed while it happens. Well I've got a tetanus booster soon, and I'm willing to test it.

In Canada... Scientists say they have found evidence that cannabis use lowers IQ. Our scientists haven't worked that out yet, so I wonder what they've been smoking.

In Germany... A scientific researcher has wasted a few good government grants to find out that the air pressure caused by passing cars can cause toads on the roads to explode. The Israelis are looking into it as an alternative.

No comments: