3/03/2008

A Good Break

There are many things doing stand-up that are fun. The money, no; the groupies, who? It's the travel.

You get to travel around the whole UK plying your trade.

The other week I was in down in Cornwall. And while I had to work 20 minutes at night, I was actually free all day, and it was a lovely weekend.

You forget how good the UK can be for a break away. It's beautiful. Other countries you go on holiday to couldn't grow anything green if they tried. But Cornwall has some delicious greenery. And it's very relaxed. If you go to America you can't find a relaxed area unless is so isolated the only other people who visit are the UFOs you'll be told all about.

And I have a big thing about being near the sea. Somehow I feel connected to it. Just watching the waves can distress me (even when I have a gig to do later that day).

I remember I went on holiday to West Cornwall as a child, and if it hasn't been for that gig I would've forgot to return.

So my advice to you is to go and see it. It's only a drive away, and in a holiday cottage cornwall is a simple and great break.

No comments: